Friday, 8 April 2016

MW- The end is Nigh

TWO YEARS!?!? Since my last blog post. The inevitable finally happened!

MW SUNSETTED.

Hooray & Good riddance! Now don't get me wrong, I loved the game if this had happened 5 years back when the game was still good I would of been absolutely (but not quite) inconsolable and would of cried foul. 28million monthly players with over 6million daily players would of been a company slaughter, but lets compare that to today, 100k daily players if even that.. which equals just a few million monthly players and I'm been generous because the later figures I couldn't be bothered looking up the early figures the game use to boast about (I know because it was in the game on the screen in your face).

The time is right for a new company starting off with a solid game to take the market, there is no point switching to other games that are a similar age, because flogging a dead horse is just that.

Why do people not just quit gaming and get on with life? This came to my mind and i was all for running in and pouring it like salt on a wound until i saw someone point out an excellent example on why to keep gaming.
Many i notice are seniors who play MW and the Zynga's games .They do it for memory and health To have something to keep them alert. and reason to be. Money is not thing it is the fact many home bound kept it as a social format to have fun. They found the game amusing and had something in common with friends they met here to share in that fun. I'm sure many are empty- nesters whose kids don't even come around see them. For what ever the situation is pulling that rug from under their feet hurt it was a life line. -Rashi Holstein
 Their points couldn't of stuck a deeper note with me, I really have no idea of the number of people I came into contact with from the game, the over customization on some of the earlier scripts or mods of others were to aid them (the seniors) which also contributed to me trying to learn more coding, I started the game with no knowledge of coding. I still used internet explorer when i started MW, the coding languages of Javascript or jQuery weren't even words i knew.

I didn't even know how to mess around with firebug, as i'd never even used firefox. A certain MW mod that worked on the forum (Lady Di) laughed at one of my doctored screenshots that i had put together in MS Paint and outdid me with one better, it took a week or two but i was hooked, i went from changing stats from 1000 stamina to 999999, i then terrorized the forums (zyngas) with doctored screenshots left right and center, (sometimes getting infractions from the other infamous forum mod NikiKing) but over that time i became friends with forumers and even joined an off branch forum MWHS (i hope i have that right) of which i met some great Myspacers. Kimmerz, Lil Ms Mandy and of course Hitman Fred (aswell as a few others that would pop in from time to time) there was also the talented Esailija who pretty much wrote the book on how to level, his work was the ground works for MWG and caused Zynga to nerf the ratios, topmafia percentages numerous times, capo exp, building loot supplies, how to farm the lists go on, even YONKS (honorable mention and shout out to BOSSY) of topmafia/topmafia disabled used Esailijas work, MWAP also used his work to show just how simple it was to achieve greatness and they had the tool to do it (of which i could never figure out how to work or setup). I'm sure half of the people mentioned above did so unknowingly.

Those days were great it was all about learning for me, because the more i learnt, the more i got ahead in the game, facebook use to have discussion boards, of which i also would terrorize and find easy targets by using switch and flexing the MW Gym muscle.

I was noticed for having a pretty good account and i used to get told i was a hax0r and a cheat even tho the stronger ones could beat me and use to do defense checks. I moved away from the facebook discussion boards when rascist trolls pretty much took hold and moved pretty much to the zynga forums. At an earlier point than this tho I had started noticing odd things happening in the game. Glitchs, bugs, exploits or whatever you want to call them were rife in the game and Zynga had just the team to deal with them. To this day i like to think it was my internet connection of which was DIALUP! pages wouldnt load and id have to refresh the url or edit them (because caching,i didnt know what caching was at this time, all i knew was that holding ctrl+shift while i clicked refresh would make it work) and this would give me different results, like refreshing the war won url which was claiming exp everytime instead of just once, which helped me level, i reported it to Zynga, they gave me 400gfps SCORE! I was hooked, i purposely messed up urls left right and center, joined groups/pages/websites to read exploits and report them in.. (wasn't rewarded for anymore bar one) reporting worked really well until they dried up. Zynga came looking for things i hadn't read about anywhere, for example how to get free skillpoints when xyz was happening, so i would go and do xyz, mess with links untill it worked, and then it was a painful step by step reconstruction so that Zynga could fix it. i quickly learnt that when ever there was something new in the game something else would stuff up and then it was a bug i could find. one of the first scripts i modified was spockholms and its job was to just run a different url over and over when it got to a certain condition. I remember telling zynga someone else had modified it and sent it to me. i also would search out QA multiple accounts and would find they had test posted images of new locations, then a simple switch would show new weapons which meant something to brag about.

In the good times above i learned how to run scripts, make bookmarklets insert other scripts into bookmarklets and that scripts could be modified, ie stynos mods of spockholms attackx, robbing scripts ADF, RDF(attack/robbing done fast), i learnt how to make multiple accounts run multiple browsers, multiple accounts always required a quick 501 to get up to scratch (Mistyfied Mafia Wars & Pimping) not that you really needed it as people screamed out everywhere for mafia crew.

Sideline: Olly you were a dam pain, but i loved that you could con Zynga into giving you all sorts of loot, you might be interested to know that Zynga had a note on your account saying not to give you anything, i know this because the security team told me that was written on it.
Also KCMCL may we never argue again.

I also learnt to hate Zynga, I can't count how many promises i saw them post then delete later on, i dont know how many reps appeared on the forum that me and the rest of the forumers fought with who would later disappear then we would get a new one sprouting different crap of the changes they were bringing the forumers even made their own clan ZCFU. dem Ziffers! (I hope Cassie has her heels on for dancing on the grave as always promised), we pretty much all split from the zynga forums and left it for dead and there on their website(ziffers), i learnt how to mod scripts better, (Midian, Chaos, Calder, Rick) changing names of scripts (credit stealing goon that i am) adding in statistics, remove lots of crap. I even got given hosting and a website (of which i had to get walked thru on how to upload scripts via filezilla).

I do want to apologize to Arun of chucker & brawler fame as mentioned above (credit stealing ie brawler lite, deathboy brawler (shoutout to Martin also to Lars)) as i always feel responsible for him leaving, he said it was more that the people that would pester him constantly to update brawler, but i know him and the rest of Mafiatask force did have a beef with me over the scripts and what not. I also learnt from that to not try and mod OGP by Chris (Lefty Thumbbreaker) (more because he had alot of power users and it was so advanced in coding that i didnt know where to start, my failed attempts are long gone thankfully)

no more KJELL/Big Daddy/RYFG/LCN/snouts drama!

I can also remember Jen (MWLL) before she started her blog, she was a person i chased off the forums as i was a bully and didnt agree with her ways or suggestions. I also said her blog was a silly idea and that it would never go anywhere. Months later its a roaring success which was great and i think personally helped the longevity of the game ESP with her becoming a PAC member (I was also added to PAC later on but never included or added into any of the groups, instead of having the tshirt to prove it i have an NDA lolol) and being one of a group to get flown to Zynga headquarters (super jealous) this was good in the long run. I met Alex of UnlockedMW as he wanted to use my robbing script in his project, from reading his code i learnt all sorts of things, and its due to him that Drone.X was made.

I don't know how many people ive come into contact with, but the ones i felt for the most definitely had to be the Zynga employees, they did alot of hard work for free, Da Irish kid and wiki was no simple task, i know he didnt do it by himself and that he wasnt always a zynga but maintaining it still deserves kudos, the multiple forum mods (for putting up with me :D and the rest of the unhappy customers) the QA team, the security team, Mark Pincus and his one line reply emails (lets just PAWS here ay ay Renate remember this!!) I can also still remember the unhappy words of Nate before he left repeating over and over

"I'm sorry, i really did try to make a change in the game for the better, i really did try.." 

My best piece of advice that i was given by a Zynga employee was just build your account to level and you will fly thru everything in the game and not struggle, and i did and i was always on top of things untill VIP really screwed events up because it was all about the RPs... well not really but my days of spending 50hrs+ straight playing were behind me and instead of a solid day or two,  i would only get an hour or 2 here and there and then to stay on top i could just buy my way to the finish of which i wouldnt.

the last few years, what a steady decline, the Myspace people got migrated over (shout out to TPC) most who have since gone, ziffers are mostly gone, all QA people, all mods, most of these people didnt really push me for scripts, because scripts were bad in their eyes. but with the majority of them going my fun for the game also went, i tried to create my own fun which would last months then disappear with the next wave of people that left the game, i stayed because i enjoy learning how to code, it was unique to me, you cant just go sit a course and then come home and write a script that does everything, (well for some not all in one go) I had people pushing me along to update, add new things and just challenge me, i have pictures that a few people have sent me of multiple monitors all displaying Drone.X, Robert (woof!) was great at this, his dog was also the operator of them all, sitting in the chair looking at the screens. Thanks for the laughs.

Edward you were great many people would link me your screenshots of your run thrus of new districts so that i could write them out or update ratios, untill i got to lazy and Mohamm├ęd would send them and updated code to me, thank you both.

I cant list all the scripts ive modified as there are too many, YASH! your script ideas were good and im sorry i wasnt better at coding when it was your hayday because they would of been phenomenal i think i only ever got one or two working as requested.

>>CLONING<< two words "never again" i still get asked about it to this day. NO IT DOESNT WORK, yes the script you sent me, is the one i did or based off the one i got my code from and no it doesnt work either.

One of my best times in the game and the best exploit/glitch/bug was definitely account hacking, Esailija you are still a legend with the epic trolling you and i did over this, i dont think ive laughed harder at anything more in the game since. Account hacking happened a few more times afterwards but it was never as fun and something i couldn't exactly share with others.

To wrap the coding part up, i have to also say a huge thanks to these coders i havent mentioned above at all Jules, Sam, Eike, Pete, Brandon, team MWAP/RX6, Scruffy, droNET, Simony(THIS WAS NEVER ME!!!), Demon(I hate that i couldn't decipher your code to read and improve my own and dam did i try lolz), David (MW Addon) and im sure theres a few others. Martin of team spockholm was a great help in everything, if i had exhausted the other coders he would explain everything even his coding style was something that i could just read and mostly understand, to this day i understand about 90% of it perfectly (Eike i could never understand spartacus!)

Other groups/people i hadnt mentioned: Serial Leveling and Kamikaze Skool, mafia wars scripts | mod, Lindsay, Tara, Dawn, Rebecca, Bakhri, Mouse, Jeremy and to the people that were lost over the years.

I mustn't forget my own host and fellow kiwi, Luke! (HappyPlace/MOD) I remember getting PM's asking about him and i'd never heard of him so i checked out his scripts and then made a post saying it was fine, me with 2k of likes vs his 80k should of been all the assurance i had needed, but if you need him for a coding project/website/server hosting etc send him a msg https://www.facebook.com/lukes.servers/

I'm really sorry to the people i haven't mentioned, its not that i didn't want to, its more ive met so many people i cant even guage the amount, and i know theres some major people too. I'm more than happy to do scripts for another html game as it would be a nice challenge to start fresh, i cant do anything for flash based games, im also banned from a few as they told me coders had no place in their games.

my facebook account may disappear, but you can always send me a msg on the guessx scripts page https://www.facebook.com/GuessX-Scripts-131414080285469

April 2009--Thanks for the education I've learnt quite a bit (even learnt teamviewer!!) and thanks for the company its been fun. just like the old days i pulled an all nighter and have work in a few hours. Catch ya's on the flipside, sorry for layout, nothings in real order, mispelt, overuse of commas, no caps, shorten words/slang. I hope sense was made

Longlive Hitman Fred my honorable brother!

TLDR; Thank you everyone

7 comments:

  1. I knew you were a scripter but I had no idea you were working as a double agent! I became a Ziffer in 2011 - this was after a lot of the "fun and games" on the Zynga forum lead to the Ziffers getting their own forum. That was great fun while it lasted.... till one person in particular sucked all the joy out of the game for many people. I have to thank the Ziffers especially Chrissy for introducing me to the dark side.... Brawler lead to more & better things till I discovered Demon.
    I needed the social interaction that the game provided though I have to say the last year or two there has been far less banter... perhaps autoplay scripts are to blame for that, or just the number of people walking away from a game that became a boring routine plagued by bugs and Zynga's unwillingness to listen to what their customers really wanted. Mafia Wars has outlasted most other games and I doubt there could ever be anything else like it for hooking people in and getting them addicted. I'll miss it - like I'd miss a constant headache lol.
    What I'll miss most are the fantastic bunch of people I've met, such a wide range of talents and personalities and often eye-opening opinions!
    Thank you for your contributions to a great game.
    Aby Cat aka Catwoman

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great blog, it's been great playing the game with you.....check my wall you will see what I'll be doing....RespectZ

    ReplyDelete
  3. I met so many good friends playing MW not to mention my life partner, Jeremy. Plan to switch my avatar to Lady Medusa for the last day. Thank you for everything!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I met so many good friends playing MW not to mention my life partner, Jeremy. Plan to switch my avatar to Lady Medusa for the last day. Thank you for everything!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Woof AKA Robert Padgett8 April 2016 at 23:39

    I am the dog.
    The human with the opposable thumbs that types for me, is holding the camera.
    .....
    I've said it before, I'll say it again. And I'll even pronounce it from the mountaintop!.
    -I appreciate and thank you very much for your work on the Drone. You provided a free script. So that I could continue to do what I wanted to do: Play a free game for free. And see what you can do.
    .....
    I speak for the multitudes of people, that have been affected by your script.
    woof!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It was a pleasure helping with Drone.X

    ReplyDelete
  7. You were a huge part of the community sir. I can only say I cant wait to marry a Maori tribes woman and become a shaman. You will of course be my best man. It was not only a pleasure meeting you. I will always think of you as my brother. I am also looking for a new game to exploit, but I want a new game so we can all terrorize it together. You said it perfectly, there is no reason to find a 5 year game. We need a new game we control and dominate from the start.

    ~Hitman-Fred

    https://www.facebook.com/1MgoBlueFan

    I love you all and all i can say because of my NDA is I fought til the end for the community and why I told them to fuck off. I also like my brother like to thank the 1000's of people I came in contact with. Top of the list have to be the women who chatted on cam naked thinking I would give them free stuff. The players who are now my brothers and sisters. Then of course Zynga for taking a chance on my to be an outside contractor. It was a hell of a ride and I thank you all for the love you gave me while I was behind the scenes. Hope you are all doing well.

    ReplyDelete